Sample Submission Guidelines
gDNA for DNAseq Library Construction
GSC requirements for genomic DNA (gDNA) submission:
- We recommend that gDNA be submitted at a concentration of 20 ng/µL in 60 µL total
- 5 µL will be used for sample QC, 55 µL will be used for library prep
- gDNA should be RNase treated prior to submission and the quality verified by electrophoresis.
- We recommend that you quantify gDNA with Qubit
- DNA should be submitted in clearly labeled 1.7 mL tubes, please limit sample names to 8 characters.
Total RNA for RNAseq Library Construction
GSC requirements for total RNA submission:
- We recommend that total RNA be submitted at a concentration of 20 ng/µL in 60 µL total
- 10 µL will be used for sample QC, 50 µL will be used for library prep
- We recommend that total RNA be Trizol extracted and treated with DNase prior to submission
- We recommend that you quantify RNA with Qubit
- RNA should be submitted in clearly labeled 1.7 mL tubes, please limit sample names to 8 characters.
- We strongly recommend RNA to be stored on dry ice or at -80°C until submission.
Investigator Prepared Libraries
The GSC requires that investigator prepared libraries are submitted as follows:
- Libraries must be prepared according to standard commercially available library kits (eg. Illumina TruSeq, Nextera, NEBNext, etc).
- Please contact the GSC if you plan to submit custom libraries.
- Libraries are submitted as 30 µL aliquots at a concentration of ~10 nM.
- To dilute samples to 10 nM, use nM conversion calculator, this will give an estimated nM concentration
- Use Qubit quantification to get ng/µL concentration and TapeStation/Bioanalyzer gel analysis for average bp size estimation
- Accurate quantification of libraries is essential for flow cell clustering. We strongly recommend that libraries are quantified by qPCR. The GSC can perform qPCR of a sample for a fee.
- Please submit these samples in a clearly labeled 1.7 mL tube; please limit the sample names to 8 characters.
Sample Drop Off
Samples can be delivered to the GSC Monday through Friday, between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
Samples can also be mailed to the GSC on dry ice at this address:
Genome Sequencing Core
University of Kansas
1030 Haworth Hall
1200 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence KS 66045